Monday, May 4, 2015

Mexican Mashed Potato Casserole


This is one of the "quick" meal I came up with recently! 
(The family loved it so I thought I would share it here!=) 


I use two greased 9x13" pans (So if you want a smaller amount just cut the
 recipe in half and do one pan)


(hamburger goes first)

Ingredients...
1. Pre-cooked hamburger
2. two cans green beans
3. two cans diced tomato's
4. two cans chili beans
5. two box's of mashed potato flakes



Then the green beans...


I tried to make the layers even.....


Diced tomato's next, I would recommend draining the tomato's first.
(I didn't do that the first time and in overflowed into the bottom of the oven ;( lol)


Then the chili beans.......


Start the mashed potato's at the same time as the casserole......


I put a tsp. of baking powder in my potato's to make the really fluffy.....


I added seasonings to the top from a Mom's homemade spice mix (It was in a grinder)


Spice Mix Ingredients
(Celtic salt, Pepper, Dill weed, Dill seed, Rosemary, Dried Onions, Dried Garlic, 
Red Pepper and Savory)


Bake it in the oven at 350 degree for 45 min. 


Yum!


You might want to put a cookie sheet with sides under it the first few times until you know how much of each thing to use..


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wholesome Joy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Linking Up On.....

8 comments:

  1. That was a creative meal... and we sure enjoyed it. :) Thank you, my Dear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this looks delicious. I will definitely be trying this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds and looks quite tasty, my dear! I think my husband and son would thoroughly enjoy this recipe. Thanks for sharing with Roses of Inspiration. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you all enjoy it! Thanks for hosting the linkup! <3

      Delete
  4. Great and so easy, thanks for sharing at Good Morning Mondays. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Thank you for hosting the linkup! <3

      Delete

Hi Everyone! I am so glad your commenting today! I allow anonymous comments if you leave a name in the comment. Also any comments with profanity or anything I deem inappropriate will be deleted. Thanks so much for commenting!

~Wholesome Joy~