Monday, April 21, 2014

Big Closet Cleanout!



This spring I did a big clean out of my closet (it has needed it for a VERY long time!) I also took pictures thinking it would make a good post :)

  Well.......First thing I did was take everything out of my closet and put it in various places in the room (mainly on the floor, but you didn't hear me say that! :P ) This took me a LONG time! lol I didn't know I had so much stuff :P Then I vacuumed and dusted in the closet.

Then I started the sorting into piles for giveaway, the attic, or back in the closet, the pile of things to go back in got bigger and bigger so I had to go through it again! :(

As you can see it was quite a mess!

now that looks better!




I started to put some of the dresses back in the closet
(that got them off the floor and I was keeping most of them)

I told myself that nothing was going back in the closet that
I was not positive I would wear! 

I put the longest dresses in first....

But almost all of them are long :)









It looks pretty full again :(
But at least its organized!

A scarf hanger is one thing that helps to organize
(I use scarves often)
I have little (or some not so little ones!) totes and bins
that I use for bags and purses
Here is something else that is very helpful
for those who wear skirts, a skirt hanger


---------------------------------------------------------------

And here's what I got out for giveaway!


after all of that work it doesn't look like that much! :(

Thanks for stopping by!

Posted On.

This Post Was Featured On......

21 comments:

  1. What a Spring cleaning! It always feels good when I get a project done.

    Have great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh yes. The feeling of cleaning up & clearing out! So refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks better! And it feels so good to get such a job done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are doing ours this weekend. I'll be happy when we are done. ;) Thanks for sharing at the party @DearCreatives

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know that feeling! It felt AWESOME to have it all done :) (I need to do it again :P) Thanks for stopping by! <3

      Delete
  5. Usually the rule of thumb for me is if I haven't worn it in the past year, then it goes into Good Will. I do this in the Spring and the Fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sound like a good idea! It's time to do that again! :P Thanks for stopping by! <3

      Delete
  6. Thanks for sharing at the Homestead Blog Hop! Hope to see you again this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love my skirt hangers!! I used to have one for hanging pants that you just folded over the top, but it got lost in a previous move.

    My closet needs a good clean out every year or it becomes a real 'monster' in my house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too! I haven't found a pants hanger yet but would like one! I just cleaned out the closet again last night (That was NOT fun! :) Thanks for stopping by! <3

      Delete
  8. Great job! I should do ours soon too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I just did mine again, it felt really good to get it done! <3

      Delete
  9. You're brave. I can't muster up the courage to clean out my closet. Thanks for linking up and sharing with us at Funtastic Friday. I hope you can make it again this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! That's funny and also the way I feel about it! :D Thanks for stopping by! <3

      Delete
  10. You did a wonderful job getting that closet so nicely organized! One of these days I may just get to mine.
    Thanks for stopping by and sharing on Throwback Thursday Blog-Style. I can't wait to see what you share this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I just did it again this last week! <3

      Delete

Hi Everyone! I am so glad your commenting today! I allow anonymous comments if you leave a name in the comment. Also any comments with profanity or anything I deem inappropriate will be deleted. Thanks so much for commenting!

~Wholesome Joy~