Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Re-Purposed Jeans Tutorial. Part 2


      Hi everyone!  Today I will show you how I lengthened the cuffs to  work for my height!
                                               (If you missed part 1 you can read it here)


This was a really easy job to do. 
These pants originally had a big turned up cuff on the bottom. 
The first time I let it out, I took the cuff that was folded over (it was just sewn on the sides)
and let it out, that gave me another 2 1/2 inches, that still wasn't enough. 
The entire cuff (before I let it out) was doubled so I was able to let ALL of it out!

The cuff after I let it out........


The inside was still I DARK blue (I didn't realize how much the jeans had faded)
But there still a beautiful blue color!


Above you can see the lines where the first and second cuffs were.


I also like that there was a white line on the bottom of the second cuff
 (it gives the illusion of still having a cuff) 


Here is the difference between the first and second cuffs!


These pants are loose enough that they are modest, but there not baggy!

I had to take in the back of the jeans a little bit (Sorry, no pictures of that)
but all that work was SO worth it!




I LOVE the results!

I hope you all enjoyed my tutorial! 

There will be a outfit post coming of what I was wearing here!

Hope to see you back again!

~Wholesome Joy~

Linking Up On.



12 comments:

  1. This is such a helpful post! Thank you!:)
    June
    The Journeys' of my beating heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so glad you found it helpful! <3

      Delete
  2. As a shortie, I have the opposite problem :-) Visiting you from Winsome Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you could do it the other way (and you would have a lot of nice denim left over for other things!) Thanks for the great comment! <3

      Delete
  3. I have just finished going thru your entire blog, you have a beautiful ability to take awesome pictures. I enjoyed all of your posts. Suz

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a friend who couldn't find a skirt she wanted so took a pair of white jeans and made it into a skirt. You've given a great tutorial -- seems easy to tackle. I used to sew a lot but lately find myself doing projects like this or mending. ~Pamela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW! That sounds like a great idea! Thanks for stopping by! <3

      Delete
  5. Great tutorial! I love sewing!
    http://trapperswife.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous tutorial, my dear! I wil have to remember these tips for future use :) Thanks for sharing with Roses of Inspiration. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw...Thanks so much Stephanie! I hope you can use it! <3

      Delete

Hi Everyone! I am so glad your commenting today! I allow anonymous comments if you leave a name in the comment. Also any comments with profanity or anything I deem inappropriate will be deleted. Thanks so much for commenting!

~Wholesome Joy~