Monday, June 8, 2015

Beautiful Horses.....Time in the Country


Over Memorial Day weekend we went to see family that lives a few hours away, and on the way there we went through country and Amish area ( we also took a little side trip to Trip To Amish Store, this is my Mom's post about it) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So what is one of the most common things to see in Amish areas? Horse and buggy! There was an older gentleman riding in the uncovered buggy (Thankfully in this picture the horse blocked him from view or I couldn't have used it!) 


I have to say that seeing horses (and buggies, but mostly the horses! :) is one of my favorite things about travelling down that way! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I love how you can see all of the whiskers in the picture above! Who knew that horses had beards! lol :)  


A horse in a field of little yellow flowers? Yes please! :)




Anyone that knows me would know that this was a LOT of fun for me! (This was the first time taking pictures of horses with my new camera! AWESOME!!! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~
 Thanks for stopping by! 

~Wholesome Joy~
~~~~~~~~~~~

Linking Up On.....



31 comments:

  1. I grew up near the Amish. Beautiful farmland and a wonderful way of life.
    Thank you for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/06/in-memoriam-ling.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I TOTALLY AGREE! Thanks NC Sue! And thanks for hosting the linkup! <3

      Delete
  2. Some of my favorite photos are of horses and the memory of just seeing them up close. Nicely done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like those too! Thanks for Stopping by! <3

      Delete
  3. Beautiful captures! I love visiting Amish country too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the horses and the Amish buggy and horse. Awesome shots. Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love visiting the beautiful Amish countryside as well :) Thank you so much for sharing your pretty pictures and lovely adventure with Roses of Inspiration. Hugs and blesings to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie! Your comments are always so beautiful! <3

      Delete
  6. Love all horses! Did you watch the Triple Crown? Teresa Kindred NanaHood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! :) No I didn't (Okay I admit it....I had no idea what the Triple Crown was and I had to look it up! lol Looks like fun!) <3

      Delete
  7. He looks a little sleepy. I wonder if you took these in the morning. Beautiful. My sister lives in Amish country in Upper New York State. I enjoy seeing them too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it was about 1:30 pm. But he does look sleepy! :) Thanks for stopping by! <3

      Delete
  8. Nice... that was a great trip and you did such a good job of capturing some nice views. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mom! It was so much fun taking a trip with "almost" all the family! <3

      Delete
  9. We were in Amish country last summer and saw lots of horse and buggies. There is a large community near us too. So beautiful to watch them go by in all their simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such beautiful pictures!! There is nothing like living in, or even driving through, the country. God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. great pictures!! I have visited the Amish countryside in PA and it is a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Aw...Awesome! I'll bet that was fun! <3

      Delete
  12. i love horses and as we live in a rural area i enjoy seeing them go past my window. My granddad had a horse and buggy but sadly he had given it away by the time i arrived lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I do so like horses... such beautiful creatures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Clare! BTW I love your blogger profile pic! <3

      Delete
  14. We have Amish all around us. I love horses, always have. Whenever we are at a place that has trail rides, I usually try to ride. Love your pics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! I haven't ever had a chance to ride a horse :( I REALLY want to! <3

      Delete

Hi Everyone! I am so glad your commenting today! I allow anonymous comments if you leave a name in the comment. Also any comments with profanity or anything I deem inappropriate will be deleted. Thanks so much for commenting!

~Wholesome Joy~