Monday, April 13, 2015

Me? Disobedient?


(I wrote this a week or so ago)

This has been a rough week. Well to tell the truth it's been a rough few months! 
I've been out of sorts all day and snapping at everyone, 
A little while ago my Mom wanted to know what was wrong and although 
there were many things"wrong" when I stopped to really look at it none of them were
 the real source of the problem!



  The problem was I've been a disobedient Christian. Yes I'm going to church every Sunday and sometimes reading my Bible but my heart has not been in it, it hasn't excited me like it used to. I had stopped having my devotions everyday and it has become hit and miss. And my prayer life hasn't been any better.

    I was just reading my Bible again a few minutes ago and before I did I prayed and asked God to show me something to help encourage me, and He did!


      34.   Blessed is the man that heareth Me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at 
                                     the posts of my doors.
35.   For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the Lord 
36.    But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.                                                         Proverbs 8:34-36

                                                             ------------------------------------
                                      
                                 I found that the root of my problem wasn't that my life suddenly 
                    was awful, it was that I stopped leaning on the One who makes life Wonderful 
                                                        and carries us through our troubles!
                 
                                                           ---------------------------------------

                            When life gets tough turn to the One who can carry you through it!



By The Way
I am doing much better now (and working more on devotions and prayer!)


Linking Up On...

24 comments:

  1. Bless your heart for sharing your struggles and praise the Lord for His goodness in bringing you back to that closeness with Him. His Word will always reveal where we are at and through His Spirit, He changes
    us. His love draws us to His side. What a loving God we serve.

    Have a blessed day,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Your encouragement is very appreciated. <3

      Delete
  2. Thank you for your honesty and courage to share this. May you continue to "...grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen. 2 Peter 3:18

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing the verse! And for your kind comment. <3

      Delete
  3. You are a sweet spirit. God bless you for your honesty and for turning to Him in your time of need. We all have been there in our walks with Christ, not doing as we should. The beauty is that when we draw near to Him, He draws near to us. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your words of encouragement! <3

      Delete
  4. I love this post.... and I love seeing God work in you... I love the growing you are doing and I praise God for you. I love you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to be reminded by God's words:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The beauty of God's word is it's beauty to touch the heart and dig deep into the soul. Let us all wait at the gate to listen and learn. Thank you for the good news for today

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so true! I have done this a lot lately myself. I love this truth, "problem wasn't that my life suddenly was awful, it was that I stopped leaning on the One who makes life Wonderful". That hit me like a ton of bricks. Lord! You have my attention. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad God used it to help you! Thanks for stopping by! <3

      Delete
  8. How I appreciate your honesty, my dear. We all have struggles and reading your post reminded me of how blessed we are to have such an incredible and loving Heavenly Father. He never gives up on us and He will show us the changes we need to make in a gentle manner - what a blessing :) Thank you so much for sharing with Roses of Inspiration. You encouraged me, dear one. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Thanks for such a lovely comment and for the encouragement! <3

      Delete
  9. My friend, your last sentence is telling: "I'm working more on devotions and prayer!"

    As Christians, we have a tendency to look at all the things we do and score ourselves on them: do we go to church? small groups? volunteer at ministries? do quiet time?

    We work, work, work -- when frequently, we are called to rest. The issues you mention sound less like disobedience than they do apathy, perhaps stemming through tiredness. God is not grading you on the time you spend doing things, and often, when we feel uninspired, it is time to just plop that all at His feet and say, "I feel uninspired. I'd like to just rest a bit, mentally and physically."

    But what we too often do is blame ourselves for being uninspired.

    May you rest in your spirit and your mind (resting is one of the most difficult things to "do" for God), and may He gently lead you to the next place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your wonderful comment! <3

      Delete
  10. Thank you for being vulerable & sharing your heart. I think as Christians we all have low times where we know that we should be more in tune with God, but we seem to put it off. May you be encouraged & rest in Him!
    #blogboosterparty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I really appreciate your kind comment! <3

      Delete
  11. Sometimes it can be hard to admit when we aren't being as obedient as we should be. Thank you for sharing, it helps remind us how important God is in our lives. Thanks again for linking up wit Idea Box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! Thank you for your encouraging comment! <3

      Delete
  12. Thank you so much for this reminder. You are right, life becomes awful when we stop leaning on the one who makes it wonderful. Beautiful quote.
    Thank you for sharing with TGI Saturdays last weekend. Hope to you visit again this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Hi Everyone! I am so glad your commenting today! I allow anonymous comments if you leave a name in the comment. Also any comments with profanity or anything I deem inappropriate will be deleted. Thanks so much for commenting!

~Wholesome Joy~