Friday, July 18, 2014

Fear of what?


               

What are we afraid of?

Everyone is afraid at one time or another, 
about one thing or another. 
There's always that fear we can't shake,
it could be a fear of the dark, of money problems, 
fear of the unknown pain that you think is something more.

Two of my greatest fears are bees
 (and anything else that can sting you) 

and water (more specifically fear of being on the water in a boat,
 on a bridge or walkway over water)  

This is something I have had to REALLY work on! 

In working on this I've found some verses from
 the Bible that help, here's one of them.

---------------------------------------------
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power,
 and of love, and of a sound mind.
2nd Timothy 1:7
------------------------------------------------------


This brings me to my point, 
If God's not the one that gives us fear who is?
There's only one other person that can, and that's the devil!
Do we really want to be accepting something that's not from God?
      I don't! 

When you begin to fear something, instead of worrying about it,
 take it to God and lay it at His feet!
You'll be amazed at the difference it will make! 

Remember 2nd Timothy 1:7!


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Linking Up On.

                                           

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post, and one that I surely needed to read tonight. Fear of the unknown seems to be one that I struggle with a lot. I don't know why I have not learned to trust God more by this point, because He has never failed me. Not once. So many what ifs concerning the future, but I should know by now that if a question starts with "what if?" it could not be coming from God, because God already knows. He never has to ask "what if?". Thank you for your timely, edifiying post. I appreciate you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! Thanks for the great and encouraging comment! Hope you have a great week and a greater weekend! Love in Christ, Wholesome Joy <3

      Delete
  2. This morning I read Psalm 27 and felt the words give wind under my wings. May these words be an encouragement to you as well: "The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouraging verses! <3

      Delete
  3. Beatutiful pictures. Your post is a great reminder to give God our fears! I am stopping by from the Missional Weekend. Have a great weekend. :) Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the water shot - so serene.

    Thanks for sharing with Salt & Light

    Marissa
    http://raysofgraceandjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! <3 and thanks for hosting the linkup! <3

      Delete
  5. It's been a year of turning over my fears to God so this post really resonated. Thanks for sharing with Three Word Wednesday. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy God used it to help you! Thanks for hosting the linkup! <3

      Delete

Hi Everyone! I am so glad your commenting today! I allow anonymous comments if you leave a name in the comment. Also any comments with profanity or anything I deem inappropriate will be deleted. Thanks so much for commenting!

~Wholesome Joy~