Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Lessons From Narnia Part 2. Susan


 The first thing I want to say is I'm sorry it's taken so long to get
 this post out :( Hopefully the next ones will be out soon!) 

Here is the link for Part 1! 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Susan The Gentle
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 My first impression of Susan was she takes everything the safe way. She's the scardy cat of the family
There is a note of caution in everything she does. She wants to stay on
 the safe side of everything, 

She is also VERY logical (things HAVE to make sense to her)
She's needs to see things to believe them (in Prince Caspian, Susan is the last one to see Aslan because she didn't believe he was there)(It wasn't Logical that He would still be alive after that many years)
oh, and, anybody remember the conversation with the professor? =)
She likes to mother and boss her siblings.

The name that Aslan gave her was Susan the Gentle, And that's exactly what she was. She's gentle and loving with her siblings, she has compassion for people and animals that are in trouble.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She has a tender heart. 
~~~~~~~~~~

Her heart was tender toward what Aslan (Jesus) said (After she finally believed!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Her biggest problem was Unbelief.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She lacked faith. 
she needed the faith of a little child to believe (like Lucy)

I'm very like Susan in one aspect. I like to know exactly what is going to happen! I DON'T like uncertainty! And normally I have to see it to believe it. =)  

God wants us to lean on Him, to believe without seeing, to trust Him with our Whole hearts!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*And Susan grew into a tall and gracious woman with
 black hair that fell almost to her feet and the kings of 
the countries beyond the sea began to send 
ambassadors 
asking for her hand in marriage.
 And she was called 

Susan the Gentle.*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Page 195
 copyright 1950 C.S. Lewis Pte. Ltd. 
copyright renewed 1978 by C.S. Lewis Pte. Ltd.


-----------------------------------------

Thanks for stopping by and come back for part 3! 

~Wholesome Joy~ 

-----------------------------

Linking Up On...



18 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your critique of both Edmund and Susan. I've never read the books, but after reading this I just might. :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! You should read them! They are my favorite books! <3

      Delete
  2. I loved the books when I was young but I didn't enjoy the movies. The actors they choose to play the different characters were not at all what I had imagined.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE the books too. But I also LOVE the movies! Thanks for stopping by! <3

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing this review. #blogboosterparty3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Narnia books! Thank you for sharing your review of Susan and the characteristics she represents. I have been going through a long period of uncertainty and am starting to become content with the uncertainty. Thank you for the reminder that God wants us to lean on Him, to believe without seeing, to trust Him with our Whole hearts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad! Thank you for your encouraging comment! <3

      Delete
  5. Thanks for coming by and linking up at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/04/french-corner-bakery.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting read and I like the photo shared.A fantastic capture...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That was a lamppost that was inside a rehab center my Grandpa was in the end of last year after his heart surgery.....The next post in the series has another lamppost from inside the same place! Thanks for stopping by! <3

      Delete
  7. What a great review... and you pulled things out that I missed. Thank you for pointing them out to me... it makes the story all the richer for knowing some of these things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautifully written post! I truly appreciated your thoughts on Susan and you wrote your thoughts in a way that we can take and apply to our lives. It's always a delightful to have you share your posts with Roses of Inspiration. Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You always write the most encouraging comments! <3

      Delete
  9. Great review, but I really love the photo. It's so mysterious.

    Thanks again for linking up with Green Thumb Thursday! We'd love to have you back this week!

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Hi Everyone! I am so glad your commenting today! I allow anonymous comments if you leave a name in the comment. Also any comments with profanity or anything I deem inappropriate will be deleted. Thanks so much for commenting!

~Wholesome Joy~