Sunday, March 23, 2014

Thorn in the flesh?




 This last week we have been getting ready for spring, so I was cleaning out flower beds and trimming bushes.  The rose bushes really needed a trim so I decided to do that project on Saturday.

   While I was trimming them I had a tiny thorn get in my hand, it hurt a little but more than that it was annoying!  After the first 10 minutes I didn't feel it anymore so I didn't do anything about it when I got in the house.


  Fast foreword two days and I notice it again, my thumb was swelling on one side, it was infected.
If I had dealt with it right away it would not have gotten infected.  We treated it and after two days it is doing much better.


 Today I was thinking about how such a little thing when it was left there became a bigger problem, and if we had left it in there it would have gotten bigger and bigger.


  Sin is like that we can think that holding onto anger or lying once in a while or having a bad attitude are just little things, but if they are left in there and not dealt with they just keep getting bigger and bigger until one of two things happen, you either stuff it down so much that you don't feel it anymore or, you can't think about anything else and you are eaten up with guilt.
 

   So What is your thorn in the flesh? anger, lying, bitterness? Whatever it is you need to get it out before the infection spreads!

 SIN needs to be dealt with right away or it will fester and destroy you!

Written 3-21-2014


                                                      Thanks for stopping by.
                                                                       
                         
                                                               Posted On.

                      Inspire Me Monday  Beauty Observed   Much Ado About Monday
                             Thoughtful Spot    Sharing His Beauty    Unite Linky
                        Wednesdays Prayer Girls Link Up Party   The Homemaking Party  
                           Proverbs 31 Thursdays   Thriving Thursday   Faith Barista
                                  Hearts For Home   Thoughtful Thursday  Homemakers Challenge
                          Heart Filled Fridays   Fellowship Fridays   Recommendation Saturday
                                    3D Lessons 4 Life  Sunday Stillness  Salt Light link-Up
                                 Domestically Divine Tuesday  Titus 2sday   Titus 2 Tuesday
                         Tending The Home Tuesday   R & R Wednesday  Faith Filled Friday
                            Heart Filled Friday  Fellowship Fridays  Recommendation Saturday
                             Still Saturday   Weekend Brew  Domestically Divine Tuesday
                             Titus 2sday  Unite  Essential Fridays


RGJ link up

15 comments:

  1. Great analogy...........such a good subject to ponder. Thank you for sharing it.......love the pictures also. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is wise
    the pictures stunning
    much to learn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great analogy here.....pondering your question too. Stopping over from Faith Barista....love the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic and thought provoking.


    Thank you for stopping by the Thoughtful Spot Weekly Blog Hop this week. We hope to see you drop by our neck of the woods next week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wise thoughts and stunning images. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good analogy. Thanks so much for sharing it. This word picture will make it easy to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good reminder to pay attention to the pricks of our conscience. Jesus gave us the Holy Spirit to help us. Great photos! I'm visiting from Unite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, great pics of thorns. So artistic. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I totally can see how this has related (and still does) to sin in my life. I want to get my sin before the Lord and repent before it infects my heart. So glad you linked up with SDG.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So true, sin can sneak up and cause greater harm if left unchecked. Very timely reminder. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great post with so much meaning. I really appreciate you sharing this. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great post! It takes a lot of boldness and vulnerability to share the Gospel like this. Often times, no one wants to hear that they are wrong or that they need to find resolve with the issues of the heart. Pride is a misfortune. You're honesty means a lot! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a great example of how we allow our lives to become infected with sin and then cry out when the problem only becomes big. Thank you for sharing with Salt & Light... I am going to feature this post on tomorrow's link up... I hope you can stop by and join us again!

    Marissa
    http://raysofgraceandjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good way of thinking it through and sharing it. Thanks. Made my head start nodding at you. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Reminds me of when I went for a hike with 4 of my friends. They're all great guys! Anywho, we were walking along, when my friend's coat got stuck to a thorn. He moved, and as I was right behind him, the thorn branch flung back and hit be right in the NOSE! He felt sooooooooo bad! I didn't think anything of it, until his brother took a look at me a minute later and said "Um, your nose is bleeding!" Oh that hurt soooooo bad! Now all 4 of them stared at my nose. We decided to turn around and head back. My nose stopped bleeding, but it really hurt. He felt so bad about it. Fast-forward a week later, and it still hurt. I rubbed it and rubbed it cause it was painful. Then, all of a sudden out popped the thorn! lol It had been stuck in my nose for exactly a week!

    ReplyDelete

Hi Everyone! I am so glad your commenting today! I allow anonymous comments if you leave a name in the comment. Also any comments with profanity or anything I deem inappropriate will be deleted. Thanks so much for commenting!

~Wholesome Joy~