Friday, March 21, 2014

A Birthday Dinner....Part 1 Breadsticks!



    My Moms Birthday was earlier this week and I was able to make a special dinner for her! She chose salad, breadsticks, manicotti, and cheese cake!   This post will be about  the breadsticks.

   This was the second time I have made this recipe for the breadsticks and it was a hit the first time so I made them again!


Pizza Hut Breadsticks

Dough

   1 1/2 c.Warm Water                   1 1/4 Tsp. Salt
  
   1 Tbsp. Instant Yeast                 3 Tbsp. Oil or Butter

   1 Tbsp. Sugar                             4 C. Flour

 Dissolve the yeast, sugar, and salt in the warm water;   Add oil and enough flour to make the dough soft but not sticky.
 
  Let dough rise until it has doubled in size, then roll it out in a large square, cut into strips 1" x 4" (this time I just rolled it out in a 9x13" pan and cut it afterword's, it saved time! ) 





Butter Mixture for the top

3/4 C. Melted Butter                       1 Tbsp. Dried Parsley

3 Tbsp. Parmesan Cheese              1 Tbsp. Italian Seasoning

1 Tbsp. Garlic Powder

  Melt butter, and add parmesan cheese & seasonings. Dip the dough into mixture and twist; (again I just put it in a 9x13" pan so I just spread the mix on top of it)
  Place on a greased cookies sheet. cook at 350 degrees until they are a light brown- don't overbake!



Crushing Garlic


Butter sauce




Caution!
 
   This makes a lot!
                           Enjoy! 

Part 2 coming soon. Manicotti!

                                                            Posted On.
                                   Weekend Re-Treat   Weekend Potluck  Real Food Fridays
                               Weekend Wind Down Party  Family Fun Friday  Flaunt It Friday
                            Much Ado About Monday   Thoughtful Spot   Menu Plan Monday
                        Weekend Block Party    Made By You Monday   Making The World Cuter
                        Treasure Box Tuesday   Hearts For Home   Homemakers Challenge
                            Real Food Fridays  Family Fun Friday    Totally Talented Tuesdays
                            Two Cup Tuesday  Life In The Wilde Linkup  Try A New Recipe Tuesday
                                                        Tasty Tuesday

12 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your mom and thanks for sharing this great recipe with us at the #WWDParty. Have a wonderful week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your Mom! <3

    Thank you for stopping by the Thoughtful Spot Weekly Blog Hop this week. We hope to see you drop by our neck of the woods next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I will tell her! Thanks for hosting the linkup! <3

      Delete
  3. My daughter loves bread sticks this recipe looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too! :) I hope you get a chance to make them! <3

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much for sharing on my T.G.I.F. linky party :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look really good! Hope she had a wonderful birthday! Thanks for linking up with "Try a New Recipe Tuesday." Looking forward to seeing what you'll share this week. http://our4kiddos.blogspot.com/2014/09/try-new-recipe-tuesday-92.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for hosting the linkup! <3

      Delete
  6. I'll have to make these for my kids. They love breadsticks too. Thanks for linking up to Creative K Kid's Tasty Tuesdays Linky Party. I've pinned your post to the Tasty Tuesday's Pinterest board.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will have to tell me how it went! Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete

Hi Everyone! I am so glad your commenting today! I allow anonymous comments if you leave a name in the comment. Also any comments with profanity or anything I deem inappropriate will be deleted. Thanks so much for commenting!

~Wholesome Joy~