Friday, March 28, 2014

A Birthday Dinner Part 2...Manicotti!



Hi Everyone, I finally got around to posting part 2! Hope everyone likes Italian food lol. Here is the link to part # 1.  A Birthday Dinner Part 1

 Our family LOVES Italian foods, like Manicotti, Lasagna, Spaghetti and goulash to name a few :). And we also use different sauces like alfredo, spaghetti, and marinara.

     Okay, for my Mom's birthday she wanted to have Manicotti (for most of their date nights my parents go to Italian restaurants). This was my second time making it so I was still a little unsure of myself :) Here is the recipe I used!

Three Cheese Manicotti

1 (8 oz.) package manicotti pasta (I used lasagna noodles)

16 oz.ricotta cheese (I used two 15 oz. packs.)

6 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese

6 oz. shredded Monterey jack cheese

2 tbsp. sour cream

1/3 c. dried bread crumbs, seasoned (I used the end slice of a fresh loaf, I was short on time and it worked)

1/4 c. chopped fresh parsley

salt and pepper to taste

2 c. spaghetti sauce (I used marinara sauce, and a lot more of it! Lol)







Directions

  1. Oven needs to be preheated to 350 degrees
  2. Bring lightly salted water to a boil, add lasagna noodles and cook for 8 to 10 min. until      al dente, then drain.
  3. combine in a large bowl, ricotta cheese, mozzarella, Monterey jack, add sour cream, bread crumbs, parsley and salt and pepper to taste; mix up well.
  4. spray a 9x13"pan and spread a thin layer of marinara sauce in the bottom.
  5. cut lasagna noodles in half across (you will use noodle for each manicotti)
  6. place some of the filling on  half of the noodle and wrap it up, then wrap the second half around it.
  7. once all of the manicotti's (noodles and filling) are in the pan, place the rest of the sauce on top
  8. cover top with more mozzarella and place in the oven.
  9. bake for 40 minutes and serve.
Sauce



Wrap the noodle over the filling..
then place the other half over it...
fold.


cover with cheese...


Enjoy!

 Read part one here!

Posted On.

16 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness, I haven't made manicotti in forever, and yours looks amazing! I bet your mom loved it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great directions and pictures to show this! It tasted great also and you did such a good job with the whole dinner. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks Mom! I look foreword to making it again this weekend! <3

      Delete
  3. Wow! I have to learn to make that. Seems so delicious:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's super easy! I hope you get to make it! <3

      Delete
  4. This looks yummy. Thanks for sharing the recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks fantastic - will be trying it, thank you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, this looks too yummy!


    Thank you for stopping by the Thoughtful Spot Weekly Blog Hop this week. We hope to see you drop by our neck of the woods next week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks divine!!! Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I have a teen that would love this, thanks for sharing with us again on Real Food Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I sure hope you all enjoy it! <3

      Delete

Hi Everyone! I am so glad your commenting today! I allow anonymous comments if you leave a name in the comment. Also any comments with profanity or anything I deem inappropriate will be deleted. Thanks so much for commenting!

~Wholesome Joy~