Monday, February 23, 2015

Fun Spiral Curls, Tutorial!


Hi Everyone!
This is a hairstyle that I REALLY LIKE! 
(I also get teased about it a lot by my brothers!) :) 



I get my hair wet (shower) right before bed and do it up in sponge rollers. 
I wear a scarf to keep them from coming loose.



By the way..........My Grandma curls her hair with rollers too, only she uses the old wire rollers. She say she can sleep fine and they don't bother her! 

I use foam rollers! :D They are MUCH more comfortable! :) 


There are two different ways to unroll them. 
1. is pictured above. You roll it around with your hands unwinding it....or



2. Let the hair come off the end of the roller (this gives Spiral curls and the other
 one does very wavy hair (whichever way you want it) In this post I did both to show you the difference)



Here are the rollers I use......



A side picture of the results..... 


And the back picture of the results!

(I will be posting pictures of what hairstyles you can do with the  in a few days!)

~Wholesome Joy~

Linking Up On...





12 comments:

  1. What a clever idea to use a scarf! I used to wear curlers to bed and I would be a shower cap on.... not exactly the most comfortable covering :) I will have to remember this. Thanks for sharing at ROI! Enjoy your day. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the idea from my grandma! (A shower cap would be most uncomfortable!) I hope you are having a blessed day! <3

      Delete
  2. Very nice.... it is such a fun style...and I like it that you can wear the curls for a couple of days and just change the styles. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I will be doing another post soon about other hairstyles to do with this. :)

      Delete
  3. It's cute to see this style coming back. My mother used to roll our long hair on rags. You just cut strips of cloth and roll the hair on the cloth strip up to the scalp then tie it in a knot to hold it in place...and yes, you can get used to sleeping on brush rollers. I did it all through high school. Your grandmother and I must be about the same age! Never got used to the juice cans, though. Ask your grandmother about those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I think that my rollers must be really comfortable compared to those! :) I will ask her about that :) Grandma is 76 years old by the way. Thanks for stopping by! <3

      Delete
  4. How cute! I don't have long hair, so I bet mine would spring everywhere if I did this (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, mine is down below my shoulders and it still does that (depending on how tight I do them) Thanks for stopping by! <3

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful hairstyle! My daughter would love to try this! Thanks for sharing (and I love the print on your scarf too!)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to tell me how it goes for her! :) I like that scarf a lot too! <3

      Delete
  6. I haven't seen sponge rollers for years and years, I've even thought of making my own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can find the rollers at thrift stores or garage sales (that's were I got mine!) I didn't know you could make your own! Thanks for stopping by! <3

      Delete

Hi Everyone! I am so glad your commenting today! I allow anonymous comments if you leave a name in the comment. Also any comments with profanity or anything I deem inappropriate will be deleted. Thanks so much for commenting!

~Wholesome Joy~