Friday, September 19, 2014

Re-purposed Jeans Tutorial. Part 1


    Hi Everyone! This is a project I did last winter (that I am FINALLY getting around to posting :P) I am one of those people that have a hard time finding pants that fit right,
    Between the fact that all of the designers out there that apparently think we all have weirdly shaped bodies and the fact that I don't wear things that are shrink wrapped it can be really hard to find things! So sometimes you just have to work with what you find. Okay, so I found a pair of jeans at a (where do you think?) a Garage Sale! That looked like they would fit OK and I was needing some more  before winter, (plus they were nice dark jean and I thought I might be able to use them for something else if it didn't work)

    I got them home and tried them on..........they were to short! WAY too short! Well the nice thing about these jeans were they had a big cuff on the bottom hem that I could let out, so I did, and the result was.............. they were a little bit longer but still not long enough!

    Oh, one thing I didn't mention was that these jeans have no back pockets and instead have a second set of pockets on the side (which is just were I don't need them!)  and they were VERY annoying!

   So I decided  to re-purpose/redo them!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Today I will just be showing you how I did the pockets!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The first thing I did was sew up the extra pockets on the sides and take out the inside part of them (getting rid of a lot of bulk on the sides)

I also liked this because of the stitching on the sides! 
After sewing up the outside I went back in and cut out the pocket 
from the inside. 



This is not cutting out the whole pocket
 (I forgot to get pictures of that :(  Sorry)


There were little strips of dark denim inside the pockets that I saved 
for another project that I will be showing you at a later time!


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope you all enjoyed this and will come back for Part 2! 
I will show you how I fixed the cuffs to make it longer!
I hope you have a great weekend. :)
----------------------------------
~Wholesome Joy~

Linking Up On.



6 comments:

  1. What a creative idea! Nice work!
    ~Katie@ liliesofgrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's kind-of trial and error (I've done this a few other times with VERY different results) <3

      Delete
  2. That is really smart!:)
    You are a wonderful blog!
    June
    The Journeys' of my beating heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow impressive. I have no sewing ability whatsoever. Thx for linking this up at the Thoughtful Spot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sewing ability is very limited but I am still learning! Thanks for dropping by! <3

      Delete

Hi Everyone! I am so glad your commenting today! I allow anonymous comments if you leave a name in the comment. Also any comments with profanity or anything I deem inappropriate will be deleted. Thanks so much for commenting!

~Wholesome Joy~